We are a group of Marin Academy students in the Peace and Justice Club and the Middle East Studies class, Spring, 2009. We'd like to begin a dialogue with students at the Shahid Jabar Exemplary High School in Iraq and learn about life in Iraq. To open the discussion, we'd like to share what young people at both schools do for fun.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a Marin Academy science teacher and advisor to our school's Peace and Justice Club.I am very excited about this opportunity to share our experiences and perspectives, I look forward to discovering how life is similar and how it is different in our two countries.
ReplyDeleteRegarding what I do for fun, my wife and I love to spend time outdoors as much as possible, working in our garden and going for hikes in many of the natural places near our home here in Marin County. We also enjoy listening to music and playing card games!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am a Marin Academy history teacher. This is so great! We really want to get to know you. I live in Berkeley, California with my husband, two teenaged kids (14 & 17), a dog and a cat. I enjoy taking the dog on long walks, going to dance productions, reading the newspaper and good novels and eating really good food! We have two more weeks of classes, final exams for the younger students and graduation on June 6th for the seniors. Summer vacation is almost here but I do hope that we can keep communicating into the next school year!
ReplyDeleteHey I'm Jase. I'm a 18 year old student in the Middle East Studies class at Marin Academy. I enjoy spending time with my friends, playing and listening to music, and spending time outdoors doing things such as going to the beach, going on hikes, and going camping and backpacking. Do you guys have summer vacation coming up soon?
ReplyDeleteWhat do you guys do for fun?
Hello! I'm Alex
ReplyDeleteI am a senior in Pam's Middle Eastern Studies class at Marin Academy, and when I heard that we were going to get a chance to open up a conversation with your school I was so excited! I'm really interested to hear what you have to say and to get to know you and your school.
What do you do for fun? Whats your favorite class in school? Favorite type of music? Do you play any sports?
I play basketball for our school and plan to play in college next year. I enjoy listening to music and working with clay in our art class as well! I cant wait to hear back from you and hear what you have to say!
Thanks!!
Alex
Hi, I'm Noah and I'm a senior at Marin Academy. I live in San Anselmo, California with my mom, dad, little sister, and two cats. I enjoy playing soccer during my free time. Do any of you play? I also like listening to music. What kind of music do you listen to?
ReplyDeleteHey my name is Silas, I'm a senior at Marin Academy. In a few weeks I'll be leaving MA and embarking on the next journey of life. I'm excited to graduate from MA and head off to college, but I'm also worried of what the future has in store. For fun, my friends and I enjoy going on hikes, listening to music, going to parties, and skateboarding. I am a competitive skier in the winter, and the mountains are a place where I enjoy spending my time. I like to spend most of my time outdoors, experiencing the wilderness is a an integral part of my everyday life. I am curious to learn what life is like in Iraq. What do you do for fun on a daily basis?
ReplyDeleteHey, Shahid Jabar Exemplary High School -
ReplyDeleteI'm Ben Barad, and I'm a senior here at Marin Academy in San Rafael, California. In our Middle Eastern Studies class, we have been thoroughly studying events from the mid to late 20th century, but also have focused on more recent events such as the United States' relationships with Afghanistan, Iraq, and Israel. Especially since 2003, I have been extremely interested to learn more about the Iraq-US relationship, and I'm glad that we are now presented with this unique opportunity to learn more about each other in numerous ways.
In terms of what I do for fun - I play a lot of tennis, on both the team here at Marin Academy and personally in tournaments organized by the USTA (United States Tennis Association). I used to play soccer as well.
I'm looking forward to having further communications with all of you at SJEHS.
Hello. My name is Almas. I'm an English teacher at Shahid Jabar Exemplary School. I live in Sulaimania which most foreigners call Suli in Northeastern Iraq in the Kurdish region. I'm teaching in 7th, 8th, and 11th grades. I love reading novels, watching movies, and traveling. I'm so excited about this link, especially for my students. I look forward to getting to know all of you and about your lives.
ReplyDeleteHey my name is Raz,I'm a senior at Shahid Jabar Exemplary High School,I live in Suli with my mom, dad, n two brothers. I love reading novels,spending time with my friends, listening to music; my favorite band is Linkin Park, what is yours? and I LOVE playing soccer. Right now it's our summer break, so I have more time to do the things that I like.
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited about this link, I think it's a huge opportunity for us to find out more about each other's countries, lifestyles and so.
so Iam really looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Hey Iam Sovan, Iam senior at Shahid Jabar exemplary high school. I live with my mom, dad, two brothers and a sister in sulaimania. I don't do many things at my spare time just watching TV, going out with my family and some times hanging out with friends. Iam so glad about this link and I hope that we'll talk to each other n know each other
ReplyDeletehi,my name is San.Iam in the 12th grade at Shahid Jabar exemplary high school.I live in Sulaimania with my parents & two brothers.
ReplyDeleteIam a musician and I play kung fu & basketball too.
Iam glade about this link, so we could talk and learn about each others life.
hi, my name is Farman. I am a student at Shahid Jabar exemplary high school, I live in Sulaimany which is in the northern part of Iraq in a Kurdish region, I live with my family. I like playing soccer, it's my favourite game. I like travelling to the foreign countries and learn about there cultures, I also like going out with my friends in leisure times, I used to be a parliamentarian in children's parliament three years ago and I participated in one of the assemblies which was held in Tunisia.
ReplyDeleteIt's summer break here in Suli so I have enough time to do what I like, eg. reading, playing, going out, watching ne movies...etc.
I am so glad about this link and I hope we can make friendship with eachothers.
P.s. I am sixteen.